Nigerian actress Funke Adesiyan has been appointed as one of the political aides to the first lady, Aisha Buhari. The Nollywood star was appointed the Personal Assistant to the First Lady on Domestic and Social events.
The appointment was recently announced on the official website of the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture after approval by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Adesiyan was appointed alongside five other appointees:
- Dr Mairo Almakura – Special Assistant on African First Ladies Peace Mission (AFLPM)
- Muhammed Albishir – Special Assistant on Organization of African First Ladies for Development (OAFLAD)
- Wole Aboderin – Special Assistant on Non-Governmental Organizations
- Barr. Aiyu Abdullahi – Special Assistant on Media and Publicity
- Zainab Kazeem – Special Assistant on Domestic and Social Events
Adesiyan joined active politics when she emerged as the southwest coordinator for Mallam Shekarau’s presidential campaign in 2011. She contested for a seat at the Oyo State House of Assembly under the umbrella of Peoples Democratic Party. In 2018 she defected to the APC.
Some of the notables films Adesiyan has featured in are “Eti Keta” and “Obinrin Ale”.