Alleged fraudulent land deal: Oba Oladega was wrongly accused; Agboyi chief clears the air
The Baale of Oko Agbon in Agboyi, Chief Fatai Bankole, has said that Olu Agboyi, Oba Monsuru Abimbola Oladega, has no involvement in a land transaction that was alleged to be fraudulent.
A section of the media had been awoken by a news item in which Oba Monsuru Oladega was listed alongside some others who were to be arraigned on the accusation of a fraudulent land transaction as brought forward by a complainant.
Meanwhile, clearing the air about the controversial matter on Thursday, on a Bond FM programme called Ejo Tani, Chief Fatai Bankole, who is one of the persons accused in the land matter, owned up to being part of the deal that went sour but made it clear that Oba Oladega was not in any way involved in the matter. He added that the transaction happened six years before Oba Oladega was enthroned as Olu Agboyi in 2020.
“I was surprised when I heard it on the radio and read it in the news that Oba Oladega was among those who sold land and that they had been taking it to court. I want to use the medium to tell Nigerians that there is no truth in the accusation. Olu Agboyi knows nothing about the transaction. Infact, the only time Olu Agboyi ever saw the complainant was when he came to request for a particular document. Olu Agboyi didn’t know when the transaction happened, and he didn’t get a kobo from the complainant,” Bankole said.
In the same vein, the Odofin of Agboyi, Chief Abubakar Adewale Seriki, buttressed the position of Baale of Oko Agbon that Olu Agboyi was wrongly accused and listed among the defendants on the charge list. He went on to add that some other three people included in the charge were equally wrongly accused, as they knew nothing about the transgression.

Olu Agboyi Oba Monsuru Oladega